Thursday, July 18, 2013

First day home .... next round of Dr. and hospital visits for Keifer's sister

Now It's Bre's turn ..... luckily not any overnight stays ... but for those who dont know ... my oldest Breanna has inflammatory bowel disease .. its an auto immune disorder .... she has to take IV infused Remicade every 7 weeks to the tune of $27,000 a dose .. yes we have insurance .... but I still have to pay $1750 per person max deductible every year. This time its at Cooks Childrens Hospital ... We saw the GI Dr. today .. Keifer went with us ... Dr.Keng has been both of their doctor. Tomorrow is her infusion all day .... I cant be there with her as I normally do  ..... I have Keifer ... just so happens .. Bre has a new boyfriend and he and I had a conversation this week on Facebook while I was still in hospital and I discovered that he has an auto immune disease too .. he is currently in remission and he at one time was on Remicade also .... he wants to go with her .... she wants him too also .... we have been told before she can have a friend come ... so ...   I am allowing it.... it helps me out. Due to financial reasons .. I am returning to work 2 weeks early .... I was sick to my stomach over this decision..... I am devastated I wont have any down time between leaving hospital and returning to work full time... but I will do what I have to do for my family. This whole ordeal has taken more from me than I can put into words. I will return to work this Saturday. Keith will be home on weekends to be with Keifer and Mon and Tue Bre will be with Keifer. By next week he can return to daycare. He is cleared to return 4-6 weeks after surgery.Keifer follow up with cardio is on Wed.

No comments:

Post a Comment