Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tomorrow morning is decision time.....

Sorry .. I didnt realize I forgot to update .. lol. We left ICU yesterday and was taken to step down unit ... rooms were all full so we got a small room they knicknamed the closet ..... no joke ...
I had no bed ... just a chair that kinda reclines .. only if you apply pressure nonstop to back of it ...my body is in so much pain. Keifer last night ate a bunch of grapes and graham crackers with peanut butter. During the night his oxygen dipped in the 60s and they had to put him back on oxygen thru his nose. They also noticed his tube was full of liquid not draining.... he has a morning xray bedside as well... shows his right side again was full of fluid again .. it came back. This makes his lungs not able to expand enough and get oxygen .. so thats why it went down. They readjusted his tube and kept him on oxygen for a while .... another 400ml drained out .. we are over 1400ml now ...after that he slept half the day .. was told because he didnt get good sleep overnight with all that liquid sitting there .... I layed my head at foot of his bed and slept some too.  He didnt want to eat or drink till late this afternoon..... that also is a struggle because they put him on a low fat diet and I have to call room service and use a special menu and they count the fat grams when I order.... well ... he didnt eat his breakfast he was sleeping ... and the lady taking lunch order told me I had reached my limit and wouldnt be able to order more ... like dinner ... they dont count that he doesnt eat it ... I spoke to nurse and told them to fix it .. or I will go buy my own food for him ... he needs to have access to food and drink at all times so when he does finally eat .. it is here. (DUH) Oh thats handled. Now the big thing .................. Dr.came in to see me ..... lol .... I could see on her face she didnt have the best news to tell me...... so ... the plan is this .. he is still draining too much fluid ... they added some meds today to help dry him out and IV fluid to replace some so he doesnt get too dry...in the morning they will do the next chest xray and check the fluid amount of drainage ..... and if it is still too much ... they will send us back to ICU and he will go on TPN ..total parenteral nutrition .. basically everything you need from a tube.... he would get a pic line put in his shoulder .. again .. and he would be NPO.. meaning nothing by mouth ... for ... get this ...........SEVEN days !!!!!!!!!!!!! and then he would still be here for several days after that to be watched after he begins to have food again and see if liquid comes back ...... we could be here for two weeks !!! Damn !!! The Dr. is pretty certain this is going to happen and already has the pic team in place and scheduled and everything lined up .... we got to move to a bigger room down the hall so I have a bed now ....we made him walk to new room ....its actually bittersweet to watch him .... he is struggling to walk and in some pain and makes these noises like a baby lamb or something... but its also comical at the same time .. he is just a diaper and his Thomas socks and tubes and IVs and stuff coming out of him .... and as we get him settled into the bed .. I help arrange all his medical equipment and I see the long chest tube ... filled .. entirely with fluid ..... and as I look at it now .. it is filled again...... we shall see what the morning brings ............ until then ...... good night
used to be my Ipad

my bed last night

No comments:

Post a Comment