Monday, June 17, 2013

A title I don't want to have ............

I hear Supermom .. Superwoman  sometimes ....  how do I do it .. I seem to handle it all and I'm expected to do so by some. I am not a supermom or superwoman ...I am just me ... and I do what needs to be done .. even it means I do things some people don't like. Really I don't know how this all happened ... or what it means .. or why me ?  I once read a post on a fellow heart moms facebook page .. I wish I would have saved it .... it talked about why we were chosen for this ..... and was something about .. maybe we were chosen to go through this to be an example to others how to handle it ...... that hit me ... maybe I am an example ?  Another post I read was a poem about how babies in heaven are sent down to their parents and how the heart babies have specially chosen parents.... and this baby cried and told God he didn't want to leave him ... and God said .. it's ok ...
I will keep here half of your heart with me and when you get back I will make it whole again..... God also assures the baby that there will be surgeons and doctors and nurses that will help him until its time to come back.... he tells him.. your mommy and daddy will be sad sometimes but happy to have you and will love you deeply ..... the poem went on to talk about how one of the things he looks for in a heart mom is selfishness .... because the heart mom needs to be a little selfish .. so she will take time for herself so she can handle everything going on........ that's me.....I have to have some me time....to keep sane and it renews my focus to try harder. For those of you that know me we have three major medical issues in our house.. Keifer's heart is only one of them. I am not perfect by far ... I make many mistakes ... I do a lot of good stuff too... I can piss someone off just as fast as I can show them love.... I withdraw from people when there is a lot going on and I need my friends to keep me in the real world. No one can understand unless you walk in my shoes .. with the exception of those going thru the same. I don't expect everyone to understand ..  but also don't expect anymore of me than I can give each of you...........you may not hear from me for weeks .. I may forget important events or birthdays... texting is the best way for me to communicate. So when you think Supermom .. Superwoman .... remember ... I would trade it all in a heartbeat for just ...... MOM .....


P.S.    I'm able to do it all because I don't have time to clean my house !! and no one bring that up to Keith please !!! it's a sore subject ...lol
bed full of thomas


No comments:

Post a Comment