Sunday, June 30, 2013

Keifer back in ICU

I knew yesterday that he was not progressing .... he only had one bite of food and little to drink. He tells us now that he doesnt want anything because it will make him throw up ... the phlegm is what he is talking about. About 10p last night he ran a fever of 102.2 ... Keifer has never had a fever that high... he rarely ever gets any fever. I left message for cardiologist to call us back and packed our bags while I waited..... and  he said go back to ER at Medical City so here we are ..... we didnt get into a room until about 4am ... they first thought it was pneumonia but now say it is fluid built up outside his right lung. The plan is sedate him and insert a new chest tube to drain the fluid ...... so im eating breakfast now and waiting for them to finish.... they told me it was going to be after rounds and changed it to before rounds.. so Keith didnt make it back up here. I will update as soon as I know more.....
this was in the ER at 3am

No comments:

Post a Comment