Friday, June 14, 2013

and he is up ....... kinda

After being up almost the entire night ..... he slept on and off all morning ... while I was awake .... !!
Took me two hour wait for shower on 6th floor but well worth it. Went on a morning walk for an hour and to Starbucks. Then the cardiac recovery therapist came knocking on our door. Keifer has been begging to get out of bed but suddenly he changed his mind..... I think he sensed what was coming. He screamed most of the time ... it was a big ordeal to get all the drainage tubes, oxygen, wires and IV's all mobile. They had these too big slipper socks you will see on his feet in pic below. Got him to his feet standing with me on one side ... Keith on the other .. and therapist behind him dragging all the equipment. The incentive was a play room with a big treasure chest he could get a toy out of. He made it most of the way and finally sat on the floor and they pushed the treasure chest to him and he couldn't even pick out a toy .. I sat by him on the floor and he laid his head down on my leg. We got him back up and made him walk back to room where he sat up in a chair for a while but was very worn out. Get to do it all over again later ... after mommy gets some valium from Ms. Lisa. Keifer got some new PJ's from a wonderful organization called Sweet Dreams for Kids ... look them up on Facebook. Update again later today........



2 comments:

  1. Poor kid! It's wearing me out just reading this. Give him kisses from us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wearing you out!!! Ha ... I will kiss him for you...

    ReplyDelete