Saturday, June 15, 2013

One step forward .... two steps back....

That's just how these things go..... get worse before you get better. We both got sleep last night for the first time ! We noticed that starting yesterday he became very calm and stopped talking. He did talk a little when his sister came in and he let me read him a Thomas book that he helped with. But mostly for past 24 hrs .. no talking and almost kinda sad. He also can't keep anything down today.... he has been throwing up everything he drinks .. and there is old blood and bright red blood in it. First today they put a cath in one of his drainage tubes and inflated a balloon up in it to draw out blood that was clotting and not draining properly. I left for that and went for my walk and coffee .... I was torn to stay but sometimes he takes things better if he can't see me. When I came back I couldn't get buzzed in the door. I tried for over an hour ... finally someone came out and we went in ... I spoke to nurses and they apologized many times ... the bell was broken on door. Makes you very anxious because they told me before ... if you can't get in there is something major happening .. but don't worry unless we call you .. if we don't call you .. it's not your child.... as my phones battery went out during my wait. They gave him meds to help the throwing up .. he still wont eat .... he sat in a chair and took two steps between bed and chair... and now asleep. New pics below.....


No comments:

Post a Comment