Thursday, June 13, 2013

A wise woman once said to me ...

I am in several support groups on Facebook for the various conditions my family has and sometimes I just make the best connections. Another heart mom reached out to me recently and we became friends instantly ... she said ... lets talk and I will share with you some things another heart mom told her ... things she wished she would have known before her child had the Fontan....... so I call her the other night and I took notes. Well damn she was right on the money !! She mentioned how the child regresses around and after surgery sometimes .... Keifer has been doing that... and then the meds they are giving him in IVs right now they can cause him to moan a lot .... that started about 3am this morning .. about every 30mins to an hour he would moan loudly in his sleep and  cry out ... I want my mommy !! ... I would go hold his hand until he drifted back to sleep. The plan still this morning is to keep sedated .. they are waiting on surgeon to come in and remove a wire that is leading from his heart .. after that wire out ... then try to get him awake ... maybe water to drink .... and go from there. Thank you Jennifer for your information that was helpful and prepared me a little for what was to come and please thank the friend that told you as well. Thank you to everyone's continued encouragement for our family.... thanks to my mom for helping out with the other kids.

2 comments: