Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Pre-Op

Can I just WOW  ?  Where does this child get his loudness from ? It can't be me ! And he is such a stinker too ... again not from me ... has to be his Dad's side of family. Pre-op was fine ... lots of info thrown at us.... confirmed time is be there at 930am and surgery to start about 11am .. Dr. M thinks they should be done around 2p ... shorter than I thought .. but depends on how long it takes to cut through all the scar tissue from previous surgeries. Today we did bloodwork, chest xray and consult with surgeon. Also went on a tour of the new heart unit ICU .. nice ... I get a couch that folds out to sleep on .. thank goodness ... didn't have that in ICU last time. Dr.M's nurse Kathy came by and spoke to us before we went to his office for consult. Keifer ate 4 pieces of chocolate candy from his desk..... and sat in his chair and demanded that we get Thomas the train on the computer. I'm sure everyone was glad when we had left ... but we will be back tomorrow ! Not to leave out the other kids .... Zack and Zoey are busy with summer camp at Euless rec center .. Zoey went to the Ft.Worth Zoo today. Bre has been hanging out with her friends .. Brandon is playing 7 on 7 football this summer on Tuesdays .. so we go tonight and I walk while he plays. I have met some nice new friends .. also heart moms like me and hoping some will come visit in hospital. Keifer fell asleep on the way home and is still sleeping .... we are not stupid .. no one wants to wake him up. Added some new photos from today. Umm .. ..... I still haven't packed yet ?!?  Last thing .. finally Keifer got his Beads of Courage !! Google it if you don't know about it .. but he gets beads for each procedure that happens to him and can add up .. some kids necklaces are very long ... it shows you how much they have been through and their courage to make it........... just like Keifer........
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment