Thursday, June 13, 2013

Rocky night

It's been a little rough last few hours.... but still within normal range of what they expect. He has some extra fluid in him that's slow coming out and wants to drink juice badly so they have upped his meds to flush him out to allow him to drink a little. He cries to me and Keith please get me juice in my baby cup(sippy cup). He is breathing a little heavy and fast and he still has oxygen thru his nose and its running about 82 with it. We went to dinner while they did shift change so I could get out for a minute. He also begs me to hold him and he tries to get up .. best they let me do was get in bed with him. A nurse today told him the juice will help you get better .. its Ensure juice .... as he was drinking it he said to her .. it's working ... it's working .... aww. And now the night nurse told him he was a big boy and he says no im a baby ... she says big boys drink juice and you want juice so you are a big boy ... she says babies drink milk ...... he said ..... ok I want milk ... like a baby .. because Im a baby ..... uh attention all nurses .. reverse psychology doesn't always work on him.
Me in bed with him.

5 comments:

  1. I'm happy he is doing OK, I've prayed a few times today for him. How's mommy holding up. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just now catching up...thankful to hear it went well and praying for a smooth and easy recovery for Keifer. He's a trooper and he's blessed to have such a loving mommy! (((Hugs))) to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sarah .. thank you ... happy belated bday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you got to get in bed w/ him. That's what Christopher wanted 24/7 last month. I hope the rest of the night was uneventful and that his fluid has normalized a little and the breathing has relaxed.

    ReplyDelete