Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

Heart dads are extra special. When you have a heart child ... there is lots of stress, worry, expense, sacrifice and joy. I'm sorry he has to spend fathers day in hospital but I did take him out for lunch at a nice little Mexican food place across from hospital while Bre stayed with Keifer. And ..... while we were at lunch ...Keifer ate food !!!!!!!   Last night he finally told the nurse and I that he was in pain after screaming  it. She gave him oxycontin.... and  for a little while Keifer was himself... he sat up in bed and he told the nurse all about our house and his siblings and his toys .. he even invited her to our house to play with his Thomas train table...and all in a very sweet voice ... we both were tickled. Then today .... cardiac recovery therapist came by and got him to walk .... he did it and back to chair and sit up ..I read him a Thomas book and then I gave him a Thomas coloring book with marker and he colored in it and talked a lot and he told his dad happy fathers day when he got here. He ate green beans and mac n cheese and hasn't thrown anything up today. New pics below .. enjoy...










4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thank you Jennifer ... I hope to see you soon .. if you don't have time to make it by I totally understand .... I will be thinking of ya'll tomorrow and praying.

      Delete
  2. Btw, your husband looks a lot like Samuel L. Jackson to me. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL .. ur so funny ... when he hasn't had a haircut he looks like danny glover ... then when he shaves ... he looks like Samuel l Jackson .... last two times we were here the nurses went on and on about him looking like danny glover ........ he thinks he looks like Samuel ...ha

      Delete